Digital Connected Production
The Production Engineering Cluster is one of the largest research laboratories for production engineering and Industrie 4.0 in Europe. Science and industry are jointly experimenting with the new possibilities arising from Industrie 4.0 and the Internet of Production (IoP) for the product development process, cyber-physically integrated production and the utilization of products. They also deal with the question of how these can help create a more agile and sustainable production – for more resilient businesses of the future.
Their research focuses mainly on:
- the close-to-real-time simulation of complex production chains based on technological innovations using a digital shadow,
- agile and sustainable product development with innovative business models,
- “learning” factories based on big data usage,
- utilization concepts for cloud-based control technologies to allow full-scope production control, and
- “sustainable productivity” as a new basis for productivity consciousness.